Tips from a PR panel — Marketing tools you can’t live without!
- Basecamp that tracks clients, deadlines, media contacts, etc. It is important to stay ahead of technology in marketing before it consumes you. When deciding what type of technology to use when presenting to a potential client, look at what the client wants and position yourself that way. Don’t always throw out the traditional media.
- Be sure that your leads don’t stop there. You may have a lot of likes on social media, but are you getting the jobs you want. If not, there is a disconnect, figure it out.
- When interviewing… KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE. This is the biggest takeaway for marketing. The materials, the technology, the content and conversation, cater that to exactly what sparks that connection with your client. The client needs to be able to see how well your team interacts together.
- Always make the investment for the bigger materials for the bigger clients. Ex: Augmented reality/virtual reality.
- When catering your interviews, etc. be sure you can answer the question from the client “what is in it for me?” If you are able to answer that question accurately for each and every client/pitch, you’ll be in good shape.
- Don’t recreate content. Pay for boosting those media articles and stories.
- Always ask for feedback.